View Book Sample
A single mother with a teenage son becomes a pawn in a drug lord’s vengeance against her convict brother.
Carol Daniels thinks she out-ran her enemies, until a detective arrives at her door with a warning. Minor incidents take on a sinister meaning. An anonymous phone call warns her not to hide again.
Now she must cooperate with a drug lord while the police work to trap him. Carol has always handled crisis alone, but this one might break her. Late-night deejay Joey Hill offers friendship and moral support. Can she trust him? One thing’s certain. She can’t risk prayer.
If you like Christian romantic suspense and classic oldies, and you’re not intimidated by territorial Siamese cats, grab your copy of Secrets and Lies today.
***Secrets and Lies was a finalist in the 2014 Word Awards (suspense category).***
Hear an excerpt in this 10-minute interview from HopeStreamRadio.
Meet the characters:
- Carol Daniels, heroine in hiding.
- Paul Daniels, her 16-year-old son, with secrets of his own.
- Joey Hill, late-night deejay, new Christian, with “stuff” in his past.
- Patrick Stairs, investment consultant and drug courier, the reluctant villain.
And read the prologue (not in the novel): Secrets and Lies prologue.
Behind the scenes:
Bonus feature: Carol’s recipe for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Find Secrets and Lies on Pinterest.
Check out the Secrets and Lies playlist: YouTube. This is a Christian novel, but Carol loves her mainstream classic rock. There are a few other things in there that only make sense if you’ve read the book.
- “Breakfast in America” by Supertramp
- “Blackbird” by The Beatles
- “Through the Long Night” by Billy Joel
- “You May Be Right” by Billy Joel
- “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel
- “The Stranger” by Billy Joel
- “No No Song” by Ringo Starr
- “I’m Sorry” by John Denver
- “The Long and Winding Road” by The Beatles
- “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” by U2
- “We Are the Champions” by Queen
- “The Longest Time” by Billy Joel
- “I Don’t Want to Be Alone Anymore” by Billy Joel
- “Close to the Borderline” by Billy Joel
- “Early Morning Rain” by Gordon Lightfoot
- “My Life” by Billy Joel
- “An Innocent Man” by Billy Joel
- “Jesus, Take the Wheel” by Carrie Underwood
- “Against the Wind” by Bob Seger
- “Honesty” by Billy Joel
- “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me” by Billy Joel
“Secrets and Lies delivers engaging characters and a sweet romance in the midst of a single mom’s worst nightmare.” ~ Sandra Orchard, award-winning author of Deadly Devotion & Blind Trust
“Secrets and Lies takes up where Heaven’s Prey left off, and is another great thriller by Janet Sketchley. With the backdrop of music and family, Secrets and Lies could really be defined as a retelling of the Ultimate Redemption. Sketchley is very adept at writing about the sometimes intricate and confusing relationships that make up a family. This one is not to be missed.” ~ Linda Hall, award winning author of Steal Away (Christian fiction) and Night Watch (mainstream)
Goodreads reviews are at the bottom of the page.