FINALIST IN THE WORD AWARDS (SUSPENSE CATEGORY)
Two years after the plane crash that killed her fiancé, Amy Silver has fallen for his best friend, artist Michael Stratton. When a local reporter claims the small aircraft may have been sabotaged, it reopens Amy’s grief.
Anonymous warnings and threats are Amy’s only proof that the tragedy was deliberate, and she has nowhere to turn. The authorities don’t believe her, God is not an option, and Michael’s protection is starting to feel like a cage.
How will Amy find the truth?
Michael’s feisty great-aunt and the dead man’s university-student sister are the other key players in this Christian romantic suspense set in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Meet the characters:
- Amy Silver, heroine and artist’s assistant
- Michael Stratton, Amy’s very protective friend and boss
- Aunt Bay, who’d like to talk some sense into both of them
- More characters: a student, hotel owner, grieving father, and the journalist whose questions started it all
Without Proof on Pinterest.
Check out the Without Proof playlist: YouTube (music that complements the characters and theme)
- “Come as You Are” by Crowder
- “Always” by the Newsboys
- “Say You Need Love” by the Newsboys
- “What Are You Waiting For?” by Nickelback
- “Let it All Come Out” by the Newsboys
- “The Letter” by the Newsboys
- “I Belong” by Kathryn Scott
- “My New Name” by Todd Agnew (belongs in the playlist, but there’s no YouTube link)
- “Child of God” by Kathryn Scott
- “Yours to Hold” by Skillet (Michael’s song for Amy)
- “A Friend Like You” by Geoff Moore and The Distance (Michael’s and Gilles’ song)
Goodreads reviews are at the bottom of the page.