New mystery now available!
FREE Redemption’s Edge bonus features ebook
Prelude to Danger is a 63-page collection of bonus features not found in the novels: prologues, character spotlights, and more.
Guest posts, interviews and news (newest first):
- Guest post at Cleo Lampas’s blog, talking about quilting… and Christian suspense.
- Interview in Sara L. Foust’s Spring Suspense series: Why do I write suspense? What’s my favourite movie?
- Interview at Polilla Writes: What’s been the most fun to write? And what’s coming next?
- Interview at the Arts Connection.
- Guest post at Gail Kittleson’s site: Why Write Fiction?
- Guest post at Janice L. Dick’s site: Unfailing (Unlimited) Love.
- Guest post at The Chronicle Herald’s Valley Harvester: What it Means to be a Hero.
- Interview at The Romantic Side of Suspense: Have I ever regretted killing off a character? How do I connect with them, and why do I leave out the swear words?
- Guest post at InScribe Writers Online: Small Steps Add Up. How do we get ready to seize opportunities when they come?
- Guest post at InScribe Writers Online: My Corner of the Vineyard. What opportunities does God give to serve Him in my writing?
- Interview at Kathy Ide’s site. What are some treasured moments to do with writing? What Bible story do I wish had a different ending?
- Guest post at the Castle Gate Press blog: The Wonder of Flying. What I loved about writing the flight scene in Without Proof.
- Recipe (yes, really!) at Country at Heart Recipes. How does oatmeal brown bread relate to Without Proof?
- Interview at Christian Authors. What has kept me writing? What would I say to aspiring writers?
- Interview at Deborah M. Piccurelli’s blog. What was the hardest part about writing Without Proof? Who helped? What was the most fun?
- Interview at The Suspense Zone. What’s the silliest thing I’ve ever done?
- Guest post at International Christian Fiction Writers: Familiar and Unfamiliar Settings.
- Interview at A Christian Writer’s World. Has writing changed my reading habits? And how do I choose my settings?
- Interview at New Novel News. What’s my favourite place I’ve travelled to?
- Interview at Ruth L. Snyder‘s blog. What would I like printed on my tombstone?
- Interview at WritersOnReading. What do I like to read? What would Ruth from Heaven’s Prey read?
- Interview at Patricia Bradley‘s blog. What does my writing journey look like?
- Guest post “Don’t Annoy the Novelist,” at James Callan’s The Author’s Blog.
- Secrets and Lies was a finalist in the Word Awards (suspense category). Blind Trust, by Sandra Orchard, was the suspense winner. (View the winners’ list here.)
- Interview about Secrets and Lies at Suspense Sisters.
- Guest post “The Long and Winding (Writing) Road” at The Borrowed Book.
- Guest post “Deconstructing Anxiety” at The Borrowed Book.
- HopeStreamRadio interview.
- How do writers bond with their characters? Read my guest post, “Caring for Fictional Characters,” my guest-post at International Christian Fiction Writers.
- Reader question for Tony from Heaven’s Prey: have you been able to forgive your wife’s abductor? link: After Heaven’s Prey
- Steph Beth Nickel interviews me at Steph Nickel’s Eclectic Interests… we talk about writing, reading and sheep.
- Paula Vince interviews Paul, Carol’s teen son from Secrets and Lies. I love character interviews! Visit The Vince Review.
- Renee Blare interviews me at the Coffee Corner. What’s next in the series? And how has writing it changed me?
- Anita Mae Draper interviews me at Fiction Finder: Why did I choose Calgary and Toronto for settings? Do my musical tastes match Carol’s?
- Jeff Reynolds interviews me at Sleuths and Suspects about my thoughts on indie and Christian publishing.
- “A Gift that Needs to be Used” – guest post at Seriously Write.
- “When Prayer Feels Risky” – guest post at K. Dawn Byrd’s site.
- “Control and Trust” – guest post at Inner Source.
- Fay Lamb interviews me at Inner Source.
- Interview with the heroine, Carol Daniels, at Inner Source.
- “Can Christian Fiction Make a Difference?” at God is Love.
Early reviews of Secrets and Lies:
- from author Deborah M. Piccurelli
- from author Mary Hosmar
- from author Violet Nesdoly
- from author Elma Schemenauer
Reviews of Heaven’s Prey:
“Though the subject matter is edgy, I appreciated Sketchley’s avoidance of gratuitous and disturbing description. What comes through in this bite-your-nails tale is the possibility of redemption. God, the tireless pursuer intent on capturing even the worst of sinners, is the real hero of this story. Discussion questions at the end of the book help readers debrief and make sense of what they’ve just lived through.” (click to read the full review from Violet Nesdoly, author of Destiny’s Hands)
“Strong action with all the right beats to make this story a movie in the mind of the reader … A story of faith in the face of darkness, of trust in a God we don’t always understand.” (click to read the full review by Janice Dick, author of Other Side of the River)
“I have never read a more profound message of forgiveness and God’s unconditional love … Heaven’s Prey is an outstanding read for the bravest of hearts.” (click to read Sara Goff’s full review on Amazon.com)
“Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down.” (click to read Bonnie Way’s full review at The Koala Bear Writer)
Five novels, one winner, as chosen by readers. I’m excited to announce that Heaven’s Prey is December 2013’s champion at Clash of the Titles (for November releases).