Now’s the time to grab an ebook copy of my novella, Unknown Enemy.
The 99 cent sale ends May 20, 2019. For Apple, Kindle, Kobo, and Nook.
Buy links: https://www.books2read.com/unknownenemy
Green Dory Inn Mystery Book 2: Hidden Secrets
Releasing summer 2019. Details coming soon.
Green Dory Inn Mystery #1
FREE Redemption’s Edge bonus features ebook
Prelude to Danger is a 63-page collection of bonus features not found in the novels: prologues, character spotlights, and more.
Guest posts, interviews and news (newest first):
- Guest post at International Christian Fiction Writers: going “on location” to Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, researching the setting for my Green Dory Inn mysteries.
- Guest post at Seriously Write… about those moments when writers are tempted to quit.
- Guest post at Cleo Lampas’s blog, talking about quilting… and Christian suspense.
- Interview in Sara L. Foust’s Spring Suspense series: Why do I write suspense? What’s my favourite movie?
- Interview at Polilla Writes: What’s been the most fun to write? And what’s coming next?
- Interview at the Arts Connection.
- Guest post at Gail Kittleson’s site: Why Write Fiction?
- Guest post at Janice L. Dick’s site: Unfailing (Unlimited) Love.
- Guest post at The Chronicle Herald’s Valley Harvester: What it Means to be a Hero.
- Interview at The Romantic Side of Suspense: Have I ever regretted killing off a character? How do I connect with them, and why do I leave out the swear words?
- Guest post at InScribe Writers Online: Small Steps Add Up. How do we get ready to seize opportunities when they come?
- Guest post at InScribe Writers Online: My Corner of the Vineyard. What opportunities does God give to serve Him in my writing?
- Interview at Kathy Ide’s site. What are some treasured moments to do with writing? What Bible story do I wish had a different ending?
- Guest post at the Castle Gate Press blog: The Wonder of Flying. What I loved about writing the flight scene in Without Proof.
- Recipe (yes, really!) at Country at Heart Recipes. How does oatmeal brown bread relate to Without Proof?
- Interview at Christian Authors. What has kept me writing? What would I say to aspiring writers?
- Interview at Deborah M. Piccurelli’s blog. What was the hardest part about writing Without Proof? Who helped? What was the most fun?
- Interview at The Suspense Zone. What’s the silliest thing I’ve ever done?
- Guest post at International Christian Fiction Writers: Familiar and Unfamiliar Settings.
- Interview at A Christian Writer’s World. Has writing changed my reading habits? And how do I choose my settings?
- Interview at New Novel News. What’s my favourite place I’ve travelled to?
- Interview at Ruth L. Snyder‘s blog. What would I like printed on my tombstone?
- Interview at WritersOnReading. What do I like to read? What would Ruth from Heaven’s Prey read?
- Interview at Patricia Bradley‘s blog. What does my writing journey look like?
- Guest post “Don’t Annoy the Novelist,” at James Callan’s The Author’s Blog.
- Secrets and Lies was a finalist in the Word Awards (suspense category). Blind Trust, by Sandra Orchard, was the suspense winner. (View the winners’ list here.)
- Interview about Secrets and Lies at Suspense Sisters.
- Guest post “The Long and Winding (Writing) Road” at The Borrowed Book.
- Guest post “Deconstructing Anxiety” at The Borrowed Book.
- HopeStreamRadio interview.
- How do writers bond with their characters? Read my guest post, “Caring for Fictional Characters,” my guest-post at International Christian Fiction Writers.
- Reader question for Tony from Heaven’s Prey: have you been able to forgive your wife’s abductor? link: After Heaven’s Prey
- Steph Beth Nickel interviews me at Steph Nickel’s Eclectic Interests… we talk about writing, reading and sheep.
- Paula Vince interviews Paul, Carol’s teen son from Secrets and Lies. I love character interviews! Visit The Vince Review.
- Renee Blare interviews me at the Coffee Corner. What’s next in the series? And how has writing it changed me?
- Anita Mae Draper interviews me at Fiction Finder: Why did I choose Calgary and Toronto for settings? Do my musical tastes match Carol’s?
- Jeff Reynolds interviews me at Sleuths and Suspects about my thoughts on indie and Christian publishing.
- “A Gift that Needs to be Used” – guest post at Seriously Write.
- “When Prayer Feels Risky” – guest post at K. Dawn Byrd’s site.
- “Control and Trust” – guest post at Inner Source.
- Fay Lamb interviews me at Inner Source.
- Interview with the heroine, Carol Daniels, at Inner Source.
- “Can Christian Fiction Make a Difference?” – guest post at God is Love.
- When God Resuscitates Dreams: guest posting at Everyone’s Story
- For my 40th birthday, I whispered two pleas to God: salvation for a friend, and a novel contract for the story I’d worked on so long. What happened next? Read my guest post at The Over 50 Writer to find out.
- How have I seen God at work in my writing journey? Guest post: The Journey with Janet Sketchley, at Kristena Tunstall’s site.
- Guest post: Thanking God for Strangers, at Choose NOW Ministries.
- Interview and giveaway (ended May 22/14) at Christian Bookshelf Reviews. What’s my biggest writing quirk? Favourite holiday?
- What if we asked God to enlarge the boundaries of our hearts? My thoughts in a guest post at Ink from an Earthen Vessel.
- Interview at The Suspense Zone: What inspires me to write? How is being a published author different from what I expected?
- Yvonne Anderson reviews Heaven’s Prey and Interviews me: Y’s Words
- Interview on the Gelati’s Scoop G-Zone at Blog Talk Radio: How can you get a free ebook of Heaven’s Prey? Why do I love the editing team at Choose NOW Publishing? And which writers(s) have influenced me the most?
- When God Says “I’ve Got This”: Guest post at Christine Lindsay’s site
- Interview on Jo Linsdell’s Facebook page: Fiction or non-fiction, which do I like better? What was my Clash of the Titles experience like?
- Interview on Janice Dick’s site: Where did the characters come from? And what was the most difficult part of writing Heaven’s Prey?
- Interview at the Barn Door Book Loft: What’s the story behind the story? And what’s the best thing about where I live?
- Interview at The Women of Valley View: How much of myself do I write into my characters? How has writing stretched my comfort zone?
- Heaven’s Prey wins the December 2013 Clash of the Titles (for November releases)
- A Not So Gentle Christian Novel: Interview at The Author’s Blog (James R. Callan)
- Interview at K. Dawn Byrd’s website: Three things about me that might surprise you? And what am I working on now?
- Radio Interview: Arts Connection with Selaw Ministries
- The Coffee Corner with Janet Sketchley: Fireside chat and giveaway (closed).
- Meet CNP Author Janet Sketchley: Interview at the Choose NOW Publishing site. What’s the most off-the-wall bit of research I’ve done for writing? 5 things about me you didn’t know?
- Interview at Sunnybank Secrets: Without a clear sense of calling, what kept me writing and editing Heaven’s Prey for so many years? What song challenged me not to quit?
- Interview at Sleuths and Suspects: What about my faith? My family? The long journey to publication?
- Why Write About a Serial Killer? Guest post at Choose NOW Publishing
- Canadian Christians Who Write: Interview. Why look so long for a traditional publisher? What did I learn on the way? And why write about such difficult themes?
- Heaven’s Prey featured at Books for Book Lovers
- Why Pray for Our Leaders? Guest post at Under the Cover of Prayer.
- Interviews & Reviews: Interview and giveaway (closed). What am I working on now? More quirky deeds? Favourite Scripture?
- Praying for the Vilest Offenders: Guest post at Choose NOW Publishing
- Does Prayer Work? Guest post at Jennifer Slattery Lives Out Loud
- Interview at JayneSelf.com: What does it take to write “uncompromising, faith-filled, fiction with an edge”? And why write a story with darker elements than I like to read?
- A Christian Writer’s World: Interview and giveaway (closed). What’s the quirkiest thing I’ve ever done? How do I keep my sanity in our run-run world? Laughing yet? Come see what else Lena Nelson Dooley asks me.
- Debut Novel Sure to be a Hit: Interview at Writer-lee. Where did the story idea come from? What was the best part to write? Advice for beginning writers?
- How to Support the Authors in Your Life: Guest post on Sandra Orchard’s blog
- Heaven’s Prey Blog Chase (this links to stop #1, which links to #2 etc… chase along with us! The book draw is now closed, but you can still find out a bit more about the characters)
- Interview at Steph’s Eclectic Interests: What kept my characters alive on the long road to publication? What would I say to unpublished writers ready to give up on their dream?
- Interview at Rebel Book Reviews: What character from Heaven’s Prey is most like me? Who’s my favourite? And what do I hope readers will take away from this story?
- Would You Pray for a Stranger?: Guest post at Faith, Fiction & Friends
Five novels, one winner, as chosen by readers. I’m excited to announce that Heaven’s Prey is December 2013’s champion at Clash of the Titles (for November releases).