Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
Romans 5:1, NLT*
No wonder one of Jesus’ names is Prince of Peace. What a gift!
Peace with God means:
- We don’t have to be afraid of God seeing us or discovering what we’ve done wrong. We’ve been forgiven and can be forgiven again when we mess up.
- We can come to Him confidently with our needs and concerns… and mostly just come to be with Him.
- We can thrive and grow because we’re no longer cut off from God.
- Now we know that God loves us.
- Now the Holy Spirit lives in us, and will “fill our hearts with His love.” (Romans 5:5, NLT)
- We have a better perspective on the present: our circumstances are opportunities for growth. (Romans 5:2)
- We have confident hope of eternal life.
It means even more than that… feel free to add your observations in the comments below.
Holy and righteous God, we could never make peace with You ourselves. We could never make ourselves right in Your eyes. We thank and praise You for giving us faith to believe in You and to receive the gift of salvation that Jesus bought for us. Help us to mature in our faith and to live for Your glory.
*New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.