Do you turn other Bible verses into personal prayer over situations and circumstances that weigh heavily on your spirit?
Me, too. Another way I like to pray God’s Word back to Him is with one- and two-line verses—the kind that sink into our hearts once we’ve read them a few times.
They’re the ones that rise to my lips when the need is great. Here are some I’d like to share:
- “Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24b, NKJV)
- “Set a guard over my mouth, Lord, and keep watch over the door of my lips.” (Psalm 141:3, NIV)
- “Grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” (Psalm 51:12b, NIV)
- “Create in me a clean heart.” (Psalm 51:10a, NLT)
- “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy!” (Luke 18:38, NLT)
What are some of the verses that help you in distress?