And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself.
Acts 20:32, NLT*
God has set us apart for Himself. Not because of anything we’ve done to earn it, but because of His great mercy and grace.
Set apart for God…
- for His glory, in our conduct and in the transformation others will see in us
- for His service, as and where He leads and empowers
- for personal relationship with Him, because He has adopted us
- for our rescue and resuscitation, and to build us up
- for an inheritance in eternity
Because He chose us, while we were still dead in our sins. (Romans 5:8)
God our Rescuer and Redeemer, You have given us new life and hope, not just for ourselves but that we may live set apart for You. Help us fully embrace Your rule in our lives so we can be filled with Your Holy Spirit and live lives that please You. Shine through us to draw others who are still in the darkness.
*New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.