But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57, NLT*
Jesus won the ultimate victory, and if we trust Him, we’ll spend eternity with Him when we die. But in the here and now, what are some of the ways we have victory in Him?
In Christ, I
- can replace the devil’s lies with truth
- can learn to see with His perspective instead of my own
- don’t have to feel sorry for myself
- find strength beyond my own
- am forgiven when I sin
- am freed from the tyranny of sin
- can love when it doesn’t come naturally
- can give grace, instead of retaliating
- can be secure in His acceptance, instead of fearing rejection or failure
- have access to the God of the universe, who loves me
Merciful and holy God, thank You for rescuing us and for promising to never leave us nor reject us. Forgive us when we forget the benefits of being Your children, and help us learn to live secure in Your victory.
Our victory song this week is Kathryn Scott’s “I Belong.”
*New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Amen! So many blessings that bring peace to our hearts.
We need to consciously remember these things. The negative stuff reminds us on its own, but the blessings are quietly abiding.
The above list takes less than a minute to read, but boy, is it a powerful reminder! Thank you, my friend.
I guess it’s how we’re made… we perpetually need reminders. 🙂
And it gives us, as writers, something to write about – even if it has been said before, thereby reminding ourselves as well as others. (smile)
I often find I’m writing because I need the reminder.
I call my journal writing “rambling until I stumble upon truth.” I think we’re very much alike, my friend.
Stephanie, that’s perfect. And being like you is a good thing!