But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57, NLT*
Jesus won the ultimate victory, and if we trust Him, we’ll spend eternity with Him when we die. But in the here and now, what are some of the ways we have victory in Him?
In Christ, I
- can replace the devil’s lies with truth
- can learn to see with His perspective instead of my own
- don’t have to feel sorry for myself
- find strength beyond my own
- am forgiven when I sin
- am freed from the tyranny of sin
- can love when it doesn’t come naturally
- can give grace, instead of retaliating
- can be secure in His acceptance, instead of fearing rejection or failure
- have access to the God of the universe, who loves me
Merciful and holy God, thank You for rescuing us and for promising to never leave us nor reject us. Forgive us when we forget the benefits of being Your children, and help us learn to live secure in Your victory.
*New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.