Do or do not. There is no try. ~Yoda
Master Yoda is my favourite Little Green Man, but I disagree with him on the subject of trying. I think his context uses try in the sense of “maybe, I wish I could, we’ll see.”
Sometimes we try honestly and in our full strength—and we fail. Because of ourselves or because of things outside our control. We have tried. Our best. But it wasn’t enough.
I’m learning to hold my plans lightly, knowing God reserves the right to redirect my schedule. As such, I keep it fluid (sounds better than vague) because otherwise I’ll find myself defending The Plan instead of adjusting when life throws something unexpected my way.
But I’ve found a fun-looking blog hop for writers, and post #1 is to be on our goals for 2014. And we do need to know our targets or we’re unlikely to hit them. So here goes:
- Early 2014: revisions and editing of Secrets and Lies, the next novel in my Redemption’s Edge series, releasing this year (date TBA) from Choose NOW Publishing.
- April and ongoing: first draft of Redemption’s Edge #3, title TBA
- weekly book reviews, devotionals and features
- keep connected with my writing communities and with friends and readers, for encouragement and for fun
- working with the Choose Now editing team is like a personal writing course
- go back through the To Write a Story course emails I signed up for in the fall but didn’t have time to assimilate
- continue learning the wonderful writers’ tool that is Scrivener
- read books on marketing and apply what I learn
Click the button below to read what other writers are setting as their goals for the year… or if you’re a writer, click over and add a link to your own writing goals.