‘Tis the season for “best of 2014” lists, and here are my picks for top 10 books I’ve read this year. (Goodreads tells me I read 64… ouch! And I know I didn’t record everything there.) Some were published in 2014, and some are older. These are in no particular order, and each one is best in its own category.
- Do Life Different, by Jill Hart (Devotional)
- When God Interrupts, by M. Craig Barnes (Christian living)
- Veiled at Midnight, by Christine Lindsay (Historical)
- Imogen’s Chance, by Paula Vince (Women’s fiction)
- Ithaca, by Susan Fish (Literary)
- Miranda Warning, by Heather Day Gilbert (Mystery)
- Shadows of the Past, Patricia Bradley (Romantic suspense)
- The Patmos Deception, by Davis Bunn (Thriller)
- Soulminder, by Timothy Zahn (Science fiction)
- Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson (Fantasy)
My stash of books to read is already intimidating, but how about sharing some of your picks from 2014? I can always add a few more…
Thanks very much for recommending Imogen’s Chance. As for the other books on your list, although I’ve heard of several, I haven’t read any yet. Might add them to the TBR list and change that. Wishing you a great year of reading and writing in 2015.
So many books, so little time! Thanks for the good wishes, Paula, and all the best with your own writing and reading in the year ahead!